Responsible operations are part of our strategic outlook. The sentence that sums up our strategy is: we create decisive power to strengthen competitiveness and contribute to a better tomorrow. This includes all the elements of responsibility: financial, social and environmental responsibility.
Our responsibility is based on the aspects that are the most important for our operations and our company values: skilfully, boldly, together. The key aspects by responsibility theme are:
Carbon neutral and sustainable energy
- Reducing greenhouse gas emissions
- Promoting biodiversity
- Energy efficient production that supports the circular economy
- Use of water and status of water systems
- Added value to customers
- Reliable production and lifecycle management
- Knowledge-based management
Safe working and wellbeing of employees
- Proactive safety
- Inspiring workplace for top experts
Responsibility in networks and stakeholder relations
- Responsibility in the value chain/partnerships
- Interaction with stakeholders
- Responsibility under exceptional situations
We promote the UN’s sustainable development goals in our operations. We have chosen four goals that we influence equally.
|Goal||General description of the goal|
|Ensure universal access to affordable, reliable and modern energy services|
|Promote inclusive and sustainable economic growth, employment and decent work for all|
|Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss|
|Revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development|
Read more about our responsibility goals.
Our operations are guided by responsibility policies (Code of Conduct) approved by the Pohjolan Voima Board of Directors.